The TL;DR November 6th, 2017
This week we’re talking about Snap Pixel, Instagram Go Live With a Friend, and the new LinkedIn
Snapchat Releases “Snap Pixel”
Following in the footsteps of Facebook and other platforms, Snapchat has created a Snap Pixel for better ad tracking. Read more on Social Media Today.
- Snapchat has created a pixel that sites can place in their code to track a variety of metrics
- Advertisers can choose from nine conversion types initially, but will be able to add their own after a time. Initial Options include:
- Start Checkout
- Add to Cart
- View Content
- Add Billing
- Sign Up
- Page View
- Data can be access in Snapchat’s Ad Manager
- This step allows Snapchat to be more competitive with other social networks.
5 Ways Brands Can Use Instagram’s “Go Live With a Friend”
With the recent release of their innovative “Go Live With a Friend”, Instagram is providing brands even more ways to get into the live game. Read more on Social Media Today.
- Interviews / Q&A: Co-streaming is a natural fit for conducting interviews, eliminating many of the barriers that often come with a live interview.
- Joint Webinars or Takeovers: Offering webinars on Instagram live is a great way to move webinars into the live space, potentially reaching a larger audience.
- Collaboration Announcements: Teasing that you have a big announcement and then introducing the collaboration partner on live can really generate excitement.
- Round Ups or Panel Discussion: Since you can switch live partners at any point, it’s a great way to hear from multiple speakers in one destination.
- Contests: Using a game-show style format with the tool is a great way to engage your audience and have them compete for prizes.
The New LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a much different platform than it was a year ago. Check out the infographic below to find out the biggest changes. Read more on Social Media Today.