This week we’re talking about Twitter’s new behavior monitoring, Instagram Stories updates, and how to use social media for B2B.
Twitter Implementing New Behavior Monitoring
In an effort to try and minimize hate speech and bully on their platform, Twitter is implementing new behavior monitoring in their algorithm. Read the full article here.
- Rather than only monitoring the actual content of tweets, Twitter is starting to adjust how conversations happen based on conduct and behavior of users.
- The site will use thousands of behavior signals when filtering search, replies, and algorithmic recommendations. It will push tweets from offending users further down the timeline.
- Some of the behaviors it looks at when deciding who to demote include:
- Users who tweet at a large number of accounts they don’t follow.
- The frequency a user has been blocked by people they interact with.
- If a user has created a large number of accounts from a single IP address.
- If an account is closely related to accounts that have violated Twitters terms of service.
- The changes should roll out this week. The new filters are options but they are turned on by default.
Instagram Allows Users to Reshare Feed Posts to Stories
As they continue to develop Stories functionality, Instagram now allows users to share a feed post on their story to show their friends. You can read the full article here.
- Instagram announced on Friday that users will soon be able to share feed posts to their Story.
- The post will be shared as a sticker in your story, with a customized back ground and the information of the original poster.
- While users have been informally sharing screenshots of posts as Stories, Instagram designed to formalize the process to make it easier and to generate more engagement on the original posts.
- Instagram is also testing many more new options to the platform, include some of the below:
- A listing of time spent in app
- Music Stickers
- Slow Motion Mode
- Profile Muting
- Q & A Stickers
5 Ways B2B Brands Should Use Social
Social is important for all businesses, but it can be difficult to know how to best use it for B2B brands. This infographic – found on Social Media Today – can help.