The TL;DR April 16, 2018
This week we're talking about 2018's biggest social updates, a new Instagram Stories feature, and how to properly market on Instagram.
The Top Social Media Changes from 2018
From Instagram allowing you to follow hashtags to the Cambridge Analytica scandal, 2018 has already been a big year for social media. Here’s a quick look at some of those changes. Read the full article here.
- Facebook Ads Manager: Facebook has now made it much easier to A/B test ads — instead of having to upload multiple versions of one ad, marketers can now add up to 30 assets made up of text, images, and more. Facebook then mixes and matches these assets to find what works best for your business. They’ve also made it easier to run and optimize campaigns in multiple languages.
- Facebook Algorithm: In January, Facebook announced sweeping changes to its algorithm that would de-prioritize organic branded content and show users more content from their friends and family. Done in a bid to keep users on the platform, this change has caused marketers to re-evaluate strategies and create more engaging content.
- Instagram Hashtag Following: Now users can follow hashtags the same way they would follow accounts. This is a great opportunity for brands, as it offers a chance for users to see content organically if specific, relevant hashtags are used.
- Instagram Regramming: While regramming isn’t fully available natively yet, Instagram has started allowing some users to share public posts from people they follow on their stories. This feature could be a precursor to the platform allowing users to regram content to their own pages.
- LinkedIn Updates: LinkedIn has made many changes recently to try and draw people into spending more time on the platform. They’ve made groups more easily findable, given business better access to data on their customers in Sales Navigator, and updated profile and account pages.
Instagram Testing a Q&A Feature
Instagram Stories have taken social media by storm, and the platform won’t be slowing down innovation any time soon. It seems the platform is working on a Q&A sticker for Stories. Read the full article here.
- Instagram may soon release a Q&A feature for stories. This sticker would allow anyone to place a sticker on their story asking an open-ended question.
- All answers to the question will be private and only visible to the account receiving them.
- This opens up many opportunities for gathering insight for brands.
- Q&A could help brands find out reactions to new products, see what customers want to see more of, and allow them to more effectively communicate with followers.
How to Use Instagram for Social Marketing
Instagram is only growing in popularity, making it a perfect place for many brands to work on growing their following. Here are some ideas to help you effectively use the platform. Infographic courtesy of Social Media Today.