The TL;DR August 18, 2020
This week we’re discussing best practices for landing page optimization, strategies for B2B lead generation, and video marketing stats of 2020. Don’t worry if you missed last week’s edition. You can read it here.
6 Best Practices for Landing Page Optimization
Creating a landing page is not all too difficult, but let’s make sure it’s a landing page that actually converts. Add these tips to your playbook for a better chance at converting leads that land on your site and read more on optinmonster.
- Determine your goal for the page. Your squeeze (a landing page where the main goal is to obtain contact info) and sales pages should highlight one main objective so that your goals are made clear.
- Decide if you need a full page. Consider short form content (maybe with a video included) for squeeze pages and long form content for sales pages.
- Redirect traffic to your landing page. Drive traffic that you already have by using internal linking, floating bars, or yes/no campaigns.
- Use a 2-step opt-in to boost sales. Include either a call to action button or a form for your visitors to fill out.
- Include social proof. Easily do this by adding customer reviews and testimonials, positive feedback from social media posts, and/or displaying notable past and present clients.
- Write persuasive copy. Strong headlines, compelling sub-text, and clear calls to action are all elements of captivating copy for your landing page.
8 B2B Lead Generation Strategies That Actually Work
Though it’s sometimes harder to personalize communication with a business than it is with an individual customer, B2B lead generation is not as difficult as you may think. Check out these actionable ways to increase leads and view more on optinmonster.
- Build opt-in campaigns. Grow your contact list and nurture cold leads into warm leads.
- Use lead magnets aimed at businesses. Don’t expect people to give you their email address without giving them something of value in return.
- Include countdown timers to create urgency. There are more decision-makers in B2B marketing than B2C, so adding a countdown is an effective way to get higher conversions.
- Segment your contact list. Pay attention to how you want to address each company and segment your lists accordingly.
- Craft powerful calls to action. Make your CTA stand out with bright, bold colors and include action words like “subscribe” or “download.”
- Retarget hesitant buyers. Bump up your offers during their second visit to you site to increase incentive to pull the trigger.
- Customize messages from 3rd party sites. Personalize your campaigns based on where your audience comes from, whether it’s LinkedIn or Instagram.
- A/B test for smarter decision making. Rather than going with your gut, split testing gives your hard data to pull info from and improve your campaigns.
44 Video Statistics for Marketers in 2020
Video is a great way to showcase your creativity while spreading word about your brand, plus it’s more entertaining for your viewers. Take a look at these stats that prove video’s worth and find more on Social Media Today.