The TL;DR August 6, 2019
7 Steps to Audit Your Google Ads
Google Ads are a driving force for many companies, but are you getting the most out of them? These seven steps can help you answer that question. Read the full article on AdEspresso.
- Start with the basics: Check on your conversion tracking, link your Google Ads and Analytics accounts, check your bids, and optimize your channels and locations.
- Check your Ad Group structure: Make sure your groups are specific and logical. Try to maintain 5 keywords or less for each group to optimize results.
- Check how many ads you're running or use responsive search ads: Even though writing ads takes time, it’s best to have at least 3-5 ads per group. This allows Google to optimize and test your campaign to provide better results. You can also use responsive search ads, which allows Google to even further optimize your campaign.
- Make use of negative keywords: It’s easy to waste ad spend. To help combat this problem, keep a close eye on what keywords are showing up on your ads. If you see some that really aren’t relevant, add them to a list of negative keywords. This will keep Google from showing your ads there again.
- Assess ad extension relevancy: While ad extensions can improve CTR, you need to make sure they make sense for your company and your goals. Relevant extensions can provide a great ROI, but if your extension includes a phone number and there’s no one answering that phone, it won’t do you much good.
- Ensure landing page optimization: Landing pages can make or break any campaign. It needs to connect to the ad the user clicked on. If it doesn’t feel like a seamless experience, you’re likely to have a high bounce rate. Make your landing page something the searcher expects to see and create customized ones for each campaign.
- Keep an eye out for new search terms: Check the search terms report in Google Ads and find out what keywords you’ve shown up in that you weren’t bidding on. If these seem relevant and effective, consider bidding on them.
6 Key Elements To Create a Successful Instagram Story (According to Instagram)
Facebook recently hosted a business webinar that covered how to create an amazing and impactful Story. Check out the six tips below and read more here.
- Creative Elements: Quality creative makes a difference – according to Facebook it can cause a 56% lift in sales.
- Grab Attention: You only have one chance to make a first impression, so make sure your first frame has an impact.
- Sound On: Facebook has found that 80% of Stories with some form of sound perform better than those that don’t have sound.
- Begin With Your Brand: Users speed through Stories, so give them your brand message right at the beginning.
- Call Your Audience to Action: Facebook found that there was an 89% chance that campaigns with CTA’s would drive more conversions than those without.
- Mix Static With Motion: Mixing static and animation has an 86% chance of driving higher value for lower-funnel metrics than video or static-only pieces.