The TL;DR February 11, 2020
Share of Voice: What It Is and Why It Matters
Calculating a comparative share of voice will give you a quick assessment of your success in relation to your competitors’ efforts. Read below about what share of voice is and how to measure it. You can find more details on Social Media Today.
- Share of voice (SOV) is the number of times a brand is mentioned on the web vs. the number of times competitors’ brands are mentioned.
- Covering both brand awareness and customer engagement, SOV reflects how often a brand is seen online and how well the customers engage with its content.
- Assessing SOV gives you a full picture of the landscape in your market.
- Social listening tools provide reliable market research, allowing you to identify competitors, analyze consumer insight, and assess your brand’s reputation.
7 Trends and Tips on How to Do SEO in 2020
SEO best practices are always changing, and maximizing your search traffic opportunities is crucial to your brand. Check out the latest SEO updates from experts in the field and read more details on Social Media Today.
- Focus on the basics. Trends are not a magic pill – you can figure out what to expect from search engines, but routine work is the main recipe for success.
- Write for users, not machines. As artificial intelligence gets more sophisticated, producing content for Google’s algorithm is harder than writing for the end-user.
- Build trust in your brand. As Google continuously judges your business, you need to build out a website and a real business with numerous entities in place that search engines can trust and understand.
- Make your site fast and safe. Comfort is key. Search engines care about the user’s convenience and safety above all.
- Get to know your user better. Accommodate for personalization in your strategy and the way you report on performance to your clients. Read up on Zero Party Data to learn how to do personalization right.
- Aim for Featured snippet. The featured snippets above the first organic search result get a high click-through rate because the results featured in this section generally answer user queries directly.
- Don’t disregard link building. Links are the beginning of every SEO success story and are a powerful traffic driver.
12 Augmented Reality in eCommerce Trends and Stats for 2020
Consumers are able to virtually try out products without needing to even leave their homes thanks to the rapidly evolving usability augmented reality. Take a look at these trends and find more on Social Media Today.