The TL;DR June 2, 2020
4 Tactics to Add to Your Crisis Marketing Playbook
With the repercussions of the global pandemic all around us, marketers are recognizing the opportunity for new plays. Make sure your brand emerges strongest on the other side of this crisis by adding these tactics to your marketing repertoire and read more info on MarTech Today.
- Lead with actions, not words. Consumers are tired of the “what we’re doing to protect you” emails and are looking for brands demonstrating real-world relevance and action.
- Show your human side. Communications that provide value to subscribers while humanizing their brands will go far in times of crisis.
- Be willing to rewrite the playbook. The strongest brands have found ways to stay in touch with their consumers by adapting and providing their needs during these times.
- Plan for the “new normal.” There’s no going back now, so prepare to revolve around on-demand customer needs.
24 LinkedIn Statistics That Marketers Need to Know in 2020
Though many worry that the platform is too formal, LinkedIn could very well be one of your most underrated marketing channels. Check out these need-to-know stats about LinkedIn’s audience and growth, and find more on HubSpot.
- In Q2 of 2020, LinkedIn revenue increased by 21% year-over-year.
- In 2019, LinkedIn made more than 6.8 billion in revenue.
- LinkedIn has more than 690 million active users.
- In Q1 of 2020, LinkedIn sessions increased 22% year-over-year.
- Marketing Solutions grew 44% year-over-year in Q1.
- LinkedIn received 30 billion sessions from its members in 2019 – an increase of 27%.
- In 2019, LinkedIn was voted the most trusted network.
- In March of 2020, professionals watched more than 4 million hours of LinkedIn Learning content – a nearly 50% increase month-over-month.
- LinkedIn Live streams have increased by 158% since February.
- More than 4 million LinkedIn members were hired through the platform in 2019.
- LinkedIn’s Talent Insights service got more than 1,300 customers in its first year.
- 57% of global LinkedIn users are male.
- 25% of U.S. internet users say they use LinkedIn.
- 34% of those between 25 to 30 and 33% of those aged 30 to 49 say they use LinkedIn.
- 45% of internet users who make more than $75K annually use LinkedIn while only 25% of those in the $50K to $74,999 range use the platform.
- 50% of internet users with a college degree or higher use LinkedIn.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn members drive business decisions at their companies.
- LinkedIn is the second most popular platform of B2B marketers.
- As of January 2020, 663.3 million users have been reached by LinkedIn Ads.
- The most engaging LinkedIn posts are published on Wednesdays between 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and noon, Thursday at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and Friday at 9 a.m.
- LinkedIn’s lead conversion rates are 3X higher than other major ad platforms.
- Roughly 15% of marketers are creating content for LinkedIn.
- Only 10% of marketers say they’re investing in LinkedIn.
- In a study of over 5,000 businesses, traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost three times higher than both Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%).