The TL;DR June 23, 2020
This week we’re discussing keyword research trends, the value of integrating visual content in your marketing campaign, and ways to build a deeper brand audience connection. Did you miss last week’s edition? Read it here!
3 Keyword Research Trends to Make Your Content More Visible
All content marketing strategies share a consistent similarity – keyword research is their lifeline. As search engines become smarter and research tools advance, elevate your brand in the ever-changing world of SEO with these three trends and get more details on Content Marketing Institute.
- Being in first place is no longer enough. Set goals based on the overall opportunities available on each SERP for your prime keywords rather than focus only on the top results position.
- Researching and optimizing for things, not strings. Since Google is smarter at interpreting user queries, optimize your website for concepts rather than keyword phrases.
- Taking advantage of the most SEO insight ever available. SEO intelligence platforms, natural language processing (NLP) tools, and social media analytics create access to a variety of data.
12 Reasons to Integrate Visual Content Into Your Marketing Campaigns
Images and videos are key to driving traffic and engagement across your site and social channels. This list of reasons explores key visual elements to include in your content and how to engage your audience in more meaningful ways. View the infographic on HubSpot.
- Visual content helps grab your target audiences’ attention. The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 6.13% whereas the average engagement rate for non-video posts is 3.6%.
- Visual content is processed faster by the human brain. Our brain only needs one-tenth of a second to understand an image. Reading 200 words takes an average of 60 seconds.
- Visual content makes up 93% of all human communication. Additionally, 70% of all the sensory receptors in the body are in the eyes.
- Visual content generates more views for your posts. Articles with images get 94% more total views.
- Visual content that goes viral can bring huge amounts of inbound traffic. 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
- Visual content helps you increase your subscribers and followers. Videos are shared an average of 89.5 times more than other content on Facebook.
- Visual content is easier to understand. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Visual content can influence human emotions. Color accounts for 85% of the reason why you purchase a product.
- Visual content drives desired actions much more effectively. Tweets with images get 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- Video is the preferred visual content option for users. Six out of ten people would rather watch online videos than television.
- Visual content generates more social engagement. About 60% of marketers said video formats drive more ad clicks on Facebook.
- Visual content makes visitors stay longer. On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
11 Ways to Build a Deeper Connection with Your Brand Audience
Building connections is crucial to facilitating brand awareness and promoting engagement. Consider utilizing these ways to build connections in your brand marketing approach and find more details on Social Media Today.