The TL;DR March 3, 2020
6 Steps for Creating Shareworthy Blog Posts
A blog is your most important owned property. This content shows thought leadership and assures your consumers that you’re keeping up with the latest in the world of marketing. Check out these 6 for optimizing content distribution and find more details on Social Media Today.
- Publish at the right time. The best time to publish a post is Monday and Thursday at 9:30 a.m. EST.
- Place social share buttons on each post. Include counters on these buttons to encourage your audience to share and help track your social proof.
- Include tweetable quotes. Keep readers engaged by including “tweet this” buttons throughout your blog post.
- Make your email subscribe button visible. Encourage your audience to subscribe by making your newsletter button easily accessible.
- Optimize your images. Visual content increases shareability. Be sure to include alt text for your images to increase SEO.
- Provide a call to action. Entice your readers to click through with a link to the next article or an e-book download.
Twitter Shares Some Tweet Copy Tips to Improve Campaign Performance
Could your Twitter account use a little TLC? Twitter has outlined a set of simple, actionable tweet tips that can boost your performance. Read the tips below and get more information on Social Media Today.
- Eliminate all caps. They can come across as shouting and may reduce the effectiveness of your message.
- Percentages work better than dollar amounts. More people click on tweets that use percentages than those with $ discounts.
- Don’t go overboard on hashtags. Research has indicated that one or two hashtags per tweet generate the most engagement.
- Enable Twitter website cards on your website. Once added to your site, Twitter will be able to pull in a summary and image info from your site to populate the card element, creating a more professional looking tweet and maximizing your space for users to click-through.