The TL;DR November 26, 2018
This week we’re talking about influencer practices to leave behind in 2018, Snapchat’s new commerce offering, and the ROI of influencer marketing.
Snapchat Releases In-App Shopping Channel
As Snapchat continues to evolve, it’s finding more and more ways to monetize and grow. Ahead of Black Friday last week, the platform launched “Shop and Cop”. Read on to find out more and check out the full article here.
- “Shop and Cop” is its own channel found under the “Discover” tab on the app.
- Shop and Cop highlights exclusive eCommerce deals only available in the app.
- Users can make purchases right within Snapchat, eliminating a visit to the website.
- The process is facilitated by Shopify, but Snapchat curates the brands.
- Deals are available for a limited amount of time.
- Users can subscribe to certain brands so that they don’t miss future deals from that brand.
3 Influencer Marketing Tactics to Leave in the Past
While influencer marketing is still effective and popular, these three tactics might be worth leaving behind in 2018 as you craft your 2019 social strategies. Read on to find out more and check out the full article here.
- Being hung up on follower counts: Once upon a time, huge follower counts were what defined an influencer, but these days that’s no longer the cases. Users are more likely to trust (and purchase from) influencers that feel relatable to them, and oftentimes that means hiring highly-engaged influencers with more niche followings.
- Creating over-prescriptive briefs: You’re using an influencer because of their followers and their own unique style. If you write briefs that are too directive, an influencer won’t be able to put their creative spin on something — and users will notice. It makes the campaign less effective as users expect a certain type of content from their influencers, and they will disregard content that doesn’t play to those expectations.
- Letting content live and die on social media: Don’t just leave the amazing content that influencers create on the Influencers’ channels — share it to your story, re-gram it, or use it in other assets across multiple mediums. Get all the mileage you can out of this unique, influencer-created content.