The TL;DR October 1, 2018
This week we’re talking about Facebook groups for brands, how to beat the algorithms, and why your site might not show up on Google.
12 Tips on How to Work with Social Platform Algorithms to Maximize Performance
Getting noticed on social media isn’t as easy as it used to be. These tips can help you combat the ever-evolving algorithm. You can read more here.
- Upload video content organically: While video-content isn’t out-of-the-box, it is still a powerful way to reach people organically and directly-uploaded videos tend to perform better.
- Post micro-videos: Sometimes long videos can be impractical to create, so shorter clips that can be shot and edited quickly can still earn you more shares and views than still images.
- Broadcast live: Live videos are watched 3x longer than regular videos and also get pushed to the top of follower feeds.
- Make videos using photo assets: Even if your brand doesn’t have the resources to film video content, you can create short videos using photo assets. Facebook even recently launched a tool that makes this easier.
- Host live interviews: Live, split-screen interviews on social media can really help your brand grow since they give you the opportunity to interview interesting people.
- Use GIFs to share funny and relatable content: GIF content is incredibly popular among many demographics, and social networks make it easier than ever to share them. Create relevant, branded GIFs to keep your audiences interested.
- Tap into memes: Similar to GIFs, people love memes. If there’s a point where your brand can hop onto the humor of highly shareable memes, you should take advantage of it.
- Utilize UGC: Highlighting the content of your followers can freshen up your feed and help followers feel seen and appreciated.
- Use topical events: Users appreciate topical content like events going on in pop culture or entertainment. Tapping into things where relevant can help you fight algorithms.
- Create a poll: People love to share opinions, so give them the chance with polls. It can also provide valuable information for you.
- Respond to customers: Being engaged with your followers make them more likely to engage with you. Find fun ways to talk to your customers and help them look forward to engaging with you.
- Ask for tags: Asking users to tag their friends gets more eyes on your content and helps expand your reach.
How to Use Facebook Groups for Your Brand or Business
While starting a Facebook group can be daunting, it can be well worth it depending on your brand. Read below to find out how to make the most of them. You can read more on Social Media Today.
- Why should you use Facebook Groups?
- Provide extra value for customers: You can deep dive into subjects, test new ideas, and offer the chance for audiences to connect with you.
- Create a sense of community: Interacting with customers in a group can help them feel closer to your brand and build trust.
- Create a sense of exclusiveness: Private brand-owned Facebook groups can be made for users who join a loyalty program, participate in events, and more. This gives the audience the chance to feel special, thus building their relationship with your brand.
- “Beat” the algorithm: Groups generally see higher levels of engagement, which means their content gets pushed higher in the algorithm. While it won’t erase the effects of the algorithm entirely, it can boost awareness among your audience.
- How can you make the most of them?
- Fill in all sections: Similar to filling out your brand’s bio, you need to feel out Group information like a description, images, and more.
- Set the rules: Rules help keep everything in order, so make sure you create ones that make sense for your group and your brand. These can govern behavior and also protect you if you need to kick someone out.
- Post regularly: Like all things social, consistency is key. Consider making weekly themed prompts, or sprinkling in some open-ended questions.
- Respond to posts: Make sure you respond to any posts or questions. This spurs on engagement and helps the audience continue to feel connected to your brand.
- Create exclusive content for your group: Group exclusive content helps make staying in the group worthwhile. Consider group-only discounts, group-only downloads, and more.
- Check your analytics: Groups now have analytics, so keep up with these to see what’s working and what isn’t.
9 Reasons Why Your Site Might Not Show Up On Google
Getting higher in search is one of the key ways to get your brand noticed online. If you don’t see your site as high as you would like, these 9 reasons might be why. Thanks to Social Media Today for the information.