The TL;DR October 29, 2019
3 Key Ways to Maximize Your Appeal to Gen Z
Having grown up with social media and constant connection, Gen Z has traits dissimilar to Millennials that marketers should understand. Read these three ways to target Gen Z and see more on Social Media Today.
- Include diversity in your approach. Gen Z trusts brands that embrace diversity and representation. Shift from your traditional approach so that it better aligns with your target audience’s values.
- Use the community and group communication to your advantage. Gen Z craves connection. Consider creating an opportunity for collaboration and group discussion so that you can better get to know Gen Zers.
- Highlight the social good in your brand. Not only will this lead to a better relationship with Gen Zers, but it will also benefit your business overall.
FTC Prohibits Posting Fake Reviews and Selling Followers & Likes
Two recent court case rulings have caused engagement sellers to reevaluate their practices. Check out our breakdown below and find more details on Social Media Today.
- The Facts:
- The Federal Trade Commission fined German Calas, Jr., owner of social media marketing company Devumi, for selling “fake indicators of social media influence.”
- Sunday Riley, a popular Sephora brand, was issued a warning for writing fake reviews of products on the company website.
- Facebook declared legal action against providers dealing digital fakes.
- The Implications:
- There is now a possibility of legal action against engagement sellers, and on-platform action against engagement buyers.
- Recently, follower and engagement counts have decreased for accounts that have bought either one, showing that platforms are getting better at taking action.
- If you weren’t already, steer clear of these practices and make sure your Social Media Manager knows to avoid this tactic.