The TL;DR September 24, 2019
This week we’re talking about content marketing mistakes to avoid, Facebook’s new Creator Studio guide, and how to create and refine user personas. If you missed last week’s edition, you can find it here.
6 Key Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
To make sure you’re using the best content marketing practices, take a look at these 6 common mistakes to avoid. Check out the full article on Social Media Today for more details. You can also check out our comprehensive guide to content marketing here.
- Not creating content that is reusable: Making content reusable saves valuable time and resources. Repurposing and repackaging your information is a good way to maximize your ROI.
- Not creating content throughout your sales funnel: As marketers, it’s crucial to address each stage of the buying process. Each stage is just as important as the last, so make sure you’re not just posting blogs but also curating an email marketing campaign and creating case studies.
- Not paying attention to user-generated content: Don’t ignore user-generated content – you’re missing out if you do. Consumers trust content that comes from consumers themselves. Integrating user-generated content saves time and money and encourages engagement with your audience.
- Not having a content approval process: Having a set process for content approval is a key way to stay on top of your content marketing curation. Keep it organized so that you don’t miss any deadlines.
- Not reviewing your performance: Evaluate your efforts to learn what is and isn’t working. Marketers should look at metrics like total shares and page views to help improve their campaigns.
- Not promoting your content: Publishing your content should not be a final step. Make sure you’re directing your content to your target audience.
Facebook Provides New Creator Studio Overview and Tips
To aid in adoption of Creator Studio, Facebook has released a thorough guide to usage. Find out the latest updates below and read the full article here.
- Facebook recently released a new guide to Creator Studio, which you can read in full here.
- Facebook has added IGTV scheduling to Creator Studio, an addition that will make a huge difference to social marketers and to the adoption of IGTV as a whole.
- Along with outlining the general features of Creator Studio, the guide teaches users how to measure their campaigns as well as giving them the tools to create them.
- The highlight of the guide includes new Instagram metrics such as:
- People who unfollowed.
- Net followers.
- When your audience is online.
- Age and gender of followers.
- Other topics the guide discusses:
- User retention of people who return to watch your videos.
- Where to find content suggestions to help you grow your video business.
- Interests and languages of your followers.
- When your followers are online on Facebook.
- Where to find insights on how your content is monetizing.
Creating and Utilizing User Personas
User personas are a key component in maximizing your digital marketing success. If you need a little refresher on how to create or utilize them, the infographic below can help – found on Social Media Today.