Pinterest has a wealth of data on what its users are pinning – and what to keep an eye on in coming months. At the end of 2017, they announced the Top 100 trends to try in 2018. You can see an overview below and read the rest here.
- Food: Healthy Meets Tasty is the year’s theme.
- Diet-Friendly Frying: Searches for air fryers are way up.
- Souping > Juicing: Recommendations for a soup-based cleanse instead of a juice-based cleanse are up.
- Super Coffee: Searches are up for how to add more to your coffee, such as protein powder or superfoods, to get more out of it.
- Women’s Style: Fearless fashion. People want to know how to make a statement.
- Logos are IN: Searches for styles featuring prominent logos are up.
- Larger Earrings: Oversized hoops and structured heavy metal pieces are in.
- Go Wide: Skinny jeans might be on their way out for now.
- Men’s Style: Keep it classy – men are looking to elevate their looks in 2018.
- Small Patterns: Mini prints and subtle patterns are overtaking simple, basic pieces.
- Clean-cut beards: While the beard trend is going strong, men are looking to take better care of them.
- Workwear: Men are searching for down-to-earth work wear pieces like shearling coats and trucker jackets.
- Home: It’s all in the details. Users want to know how to make their homes personal.
- Resort-Inspired Style: Spa-inspired bathrooms and rattan furniture have made a big leap.
- Metallics: Metals add a touch of style to any palette, with mixed metals being the most-searched.
- Welcome Back Terrazzo: This style is making a comeback as people look to brighten up spaces.