*Please Note: No staffing agencies*
Synaptic Digital, a DEFINITION 6 company, is looking for a talented Media Relations Project Manager with a background in public relations, corporate communications, journalism or media relations. This role will ensure the successful management of client deliverables such as satellite media tours, radio media tours, audio news releases, public services announcements, b-roll packages, media buys and media relations.
In this key role, you will serve as the Media Relations Project Manager supporting the reactive and proactive day-to-day media relations activities of the Synaptic Digital team. The Media Relations Project Manager will assist in media monitoring, tracking and development of media results reports. In addition, the Media Relations Project Manager will perform administrative and “housekeeping” tasks, including media list maintenance.
The ideal candidate brings vast knowledge of and interest in current trends, issues and influencers, and a track record of working closely with key contacts in both consumer and business media.
- Work with account teams to develop strategic earned media plans for clients and attend client and internal team meetings
- Lead media strategies for clients in various sectors and support outreach to generate positive coverage around all key data, campaigns and awareness initiatives
- Develop written materials, including press releases, pitch letters, talking points and messaging documents
- Possess keen understanding of the media landscape and actively identify opportunities to insert client stories
- Prepare client-facing updates for meetings and conference calls
- Monitor client industry, competition and coverage; develop actionable strategies from learnings
- Develop and maintain relationships with producers, reports and other contributors
- Identify, pitch and follow-up with traditional national broadcast and online media opportunities
- Actively pitch media to drive thought leadership for platforms for CEO’s and other executives
SOFT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Client management and account leadership experience
- Experience securing national coverage in both traditional media and online media
- Solid creative writing and communication skills with the ability to develop news/story angles and pitches
- Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results driven and works well under pressure
- Exceptional time/project management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients/projects with changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT) and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools
- Salesforce and/or Zoho experience a plus, but not necessary
ABOUT SYNAPTIC DIGITAL a DEFINITION 6 COMPANY:
Synaptic Digital has been producing and delivering top-quality creative content through earned, owned, paid and shared channels for over 25 years. Now that we are a part of the DEFINITION 6 family of companies, we can offer our clients an even greater array of video, radio, digital and social media services then every before. Synaptic Digital specializes in Video Production, Satellite Media Tours, Radio Media Tours, Audio News Releases, Public Service Announcements, B-Roll Packages, Media Buys, Social Media, Media Relations, Web App Development, Website Development, Webcasting and more.
Our creative teams have won 22 Emmys, 17 PRN Awards, 17 Telly’s, 4 Addy’s, 2 Webbys, 2 Shorty Awards, a Clio and more for creating compelling content. Our media relations teams are out there everyday landing placements on Bloomberg, CBS This Morning, CNBC, CNN, Fox, NBC, TheStreet.com, Huffington Post and more.
Our clients are some of the biggest brands and organizations in the world, including Google, T-Mobile, AARP, American Heart Association, University of Phoenix, Frito Lay and more.
DEFINITION 6 is a unique force of cross-disciplined talents pioneering new forms of strategy and storytelling in the form of digital, mobile, social, entertainment, PR and technology solutions. Whether it’s on-air promos, branded content, email marketing automation or omni-channel planning, D6 drives results for brands across all verticals and within all channels, including web, social and broadcast. In the company’s 20-year history, DEFINITION 6 has created over $15 billion in revenue for its customers, including The Coca-Cola Company, HBO, Facebook, Siemens, Barnes & Noble College and Nickelodeon. To learn more about our award-winning work, visit definition6.com.
Back to Careers